Large Print Schedules
Large print versions of all CATA schedules are available for the visually impaired. Call CATA Customer Service at 517-394-1000 to obtain large print schedules.
Bus Hailing Kits
CATA's bus hailing kits are designed for use at bus stops served by more than one route. The kits allow visually-impaired riders to signal the number of their route to operators of approaching buses.
The kit consists of twenty-five, 3.5"x 4" double-sided cards with a route number printed on each side. The route number is displayed on the card in large, blue numbers and a corresponding route number Braille tag is attached to each.
Each set is held together with a lightweight chain to allow customer to remove individual cards pertaining to routes they use. The cards are numbered 1-49 which includes all fixed routes as well as additional numbers for possible future use.
Kits are offered on a free, checkout basis at the following agencies:
- CATA Administrative Office, 4615 Tranter St. in Lansing.
- CATA Transportation Center, 420 S. Grand Ave. in downtown Lansing.
- Disability Network Capital Area (DNCAP), 2812 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Lansing.
- Michigan Commission for the Blind, 201 N. Washington in Lansing.
- MSU Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities, 120 Bessey Hall on the MSU campus.
Michigan Relay Center Voice TDD
Michigan Relay Center Voice TDD 800-649-3777.
Service animals such as guide dogs are welcome on any CATA service.