Driving mobility solutions for the Capital City region since 1972, the Capital Area Transportation Authority was formed under Act 55 (Public Act of Michigan 1963). The Authority's governmental membership comprises the cities of Lansing and East Lansing, and the townships of Delhi, Lansing and Meridian.
To meet the mobility needs of our region by providing innovative solutions in partnership with the communities we serve.
CATA will ensure public trust by re-imagining regional mobility challenges and how we better engage those we serve.
- CATA is committed to transparency in action, which inherently fosters trust and innovation.
- We will approach community partners, customers and employees in the spirit of cooperation
- CATA is committed to providing a safe experience for our customers, employees and the public we serve.
- CATA seeks to implement sustainable solutions as stewards of the community we serve; the planet and its finite resources.
- Professionalism and integrity drive CATA's actions and decisions.
- Accountability and the desire to always do the right thing serve as our guiding compass.
Goal No. 1: Regional Mobility - Facilitate seamless and innovative multimodal transportation solutions throughout the tri-county area.
Goal No. 2: Customer Experience Excellence - Employ best practices that lead to new and returning customers.
Goal No. 3: Organizational Strength - Promote organization-wide efficiency and effectiveness. Lead by example toward continuous improvement.
Goal No. 4: Community Partnership - Exhibit responsible leadership through community engagement and public service.
Goal No. 5: Dynamic Workplace - Create a meaningful workplace that engages, empowers and values its employees.