New Job Posting: Motor Coach Operator (Bus Driver) - Part-Time
Look to the road for a rewarding career!
Previous transit experience is not required.
The CATA Motor Coach Operator (Part-Time) will be trained to operate ALL transit vehicles for fixed-route, paratransit, and other services.
Job Summary - Essential Functions
- are looking for a new (or 2nd) rewarding career,
- like meeting new people,
- have a passion for people,
- are really good at customer service,
- like helping your community,
- just love to drive,
The successful candidate:
- Must physically be able to assist customers and secure mobility devices. All Operators must have the ability to sit for long periods with limited breaks. Essential functions of this job include: limited walking, standing, pulling, pushing (min. 40 lbs), kneeling, reaching above shoulder and below knee levels.
- Must be available to work any scheduled hours in a 24-hour day, Monday through Sunday. All work will be based on 5 days out of a 7 day week with split shifts possible. These are not seasonal or on-call positions. Work schedules are selected by seniority.
- Must submit a driving record from the State of MI for at least the past five years. The record cannot contain current points, suspensions or revocations of license.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination, vision screening, and drug screen administered by a physician designated by the Capital Area Transportation Authority.
How to Apply
- Go to the Secretary of State’s Office and get your clean driving record.
- Complete a CATA Employment Application. Applications can be picked up at CATA, downloaded at cata.org, or request one by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Submit complete application package and driving record via CATA's website (cata.org), drop off in person, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (517) 367-7275.
This job posting is stated in general terms and does not modify the job description or describes all duties which may be assigned or required.View Job and Apply