New Job Posting: Automotive Technician (Mechanic Helper)
Do you want to be part of the team that puts safe and dependable buses on the road, providing almost 11,000,000 rides per year?
The successful candidate must have experience in performing:
- Lube, oil and filter service
- Chassis inspection and adjustment
- Balancing and handling large tires
- Rebuilding non-mechanical component parts
- Basic electrical repairs to lighting systems
- Seat and windshield wiper repairs
$18/hr for the first 90 days, increases every six months until the top pay rate currently at $27.58/hr
View Job and Apply
- Complete set of tools through 1-1/4 size wrenches and sockets, as well as metric tools up to 20 mm
- Good driving record and the ability to obtain a CDL B with passenger and air brake endorsements
- CATA requires three years of working experience performing the duties described above; an Associate’s Degree in Diesel Service Technology is preferred
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment skills test with a passing score of 70% prior to hire, as well as a pre-employment physical with drug and alcohol screening.
- Capable of assisting a heavy duty mechanic
- Ability to qualify for an Industrial Fork Lift Permit
- ASE Preventative Maintenance certification is required.
How to Apply
- Go to the Secretary of State’s Office and get your clean driving record.
- Submit a cover letter and resume clearly outlining qualifications
- Complete an application. Applications can be picked up at CATA, downloaded at cata.org, or request one by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit application and driving record via CATA’s website (cata.org), drop off in person, email to email@example.com, or fax to (517) 367-7275.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This job posting is stated in general terms and does not modify the job description or describe all duties which may be assigned or required.