2023/2024 MSU Campus Service
CATA’s Spartan Service operates seven days a week during fall and spring semesters. Nine dedicated free-fare campus routes serve university apartments, residence halls, commuter lots and main campus facilities throughout the day and evening, with over 100 bus stops for convenient access.
Lot Link and Night Owl, demand-response services, operate late at night and early in the morning when campus routes are not in service. A discounted student fare of 60 cents, a regular fare of $1.25 or a bus pass is required to ride these services. To request a ride, call 517-432-8888. A bus will be at your location within 20 minutes of your call. Rides are restricted to campus. Lot Link transports passengers between Lots 80, 83, Commuter Lot 89 or 91 and any MSU campus location. Lot Link also serves Spartan Village Monday-Friday.
2023 Fall Semester:
Data will be available in the Transit App, Google Maps and all other digital platforms on Monday, Aug. 28. Routes and frequencies may be found at MSU Students (cata.org). All trip planning tools may currently be viewed by changing the travel date to any time after Aug. 28.
Monday, Aug. 21 - Friday, Aug. 25, 2023: Routes 30, 31, 32 and 33 will operate at reduced frequencies detailed below:
- Route 30 will run every 20 minutes 7 a.m. to 9 p.m./every 30 minutes 9 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- Route 31 will run every 15 minutes 7 a.m. to 9 p.m./every 30 minutes 9 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- Route 32 will run every 30 minutes 7 a.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Route 33 will run every 30 minutes 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Routes 38 and 39, Lot Link and Night Owl will operate regular campus service.
Saturday & Sunday, Aug. 26 & 27: Routes 34, 35 and 36, Lot Link and Night Owl will operate regular weekend campus service.
Monday, Aug. 28 - Sunday., Dec. 17, 2023: All campus routes and services resume regular campus service. Routes 20, 23, 24, 25 and 26 also resume Spartan Service levels.
For additional questions, please call 517-394-1100.
Monday, Jan. 8 – Sunday, April 28, 2024
2024 Spring Break:
- Feb. 26 – March 1, 2024
- Routes 30, 31, 33-36, 38 and 39 do not operate during the break.
Additionally, CATA provides year-round service from off-campus apartments in the East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett and Jolly/Dunckel Road areas to MSU.
Farm Lane Detour 2024 Spring Semester
Routes 31, 32, 33 and 34 will be on detour throughout the 2024 spring semester due to bridge work north of West Shaw Lane on Farm Lane. Generally, buses will use Bogue Street to Auditorium Road while on detour. Route 32 will not travel north of Shaw Lane during the construction project. The detour will extend into the summer impacting Route 32 summer service. Refer to the individual routes for details prior to the start of the spring semester.
Routes 18, 20, 22, 24 and 26 will also be on detour throughout the spring semester. Buses will travel Bogue Street to Grand River Avenue. Refer to individual routes for details prior to the start of the spring semester.
CATA will operate six fixed routes on campus weekdays 7 a.m. until 2:30 a.m. Ending times vary by route and are noted below. Buses will run as often as every 10 minutes during the day and early evening.
- Route 30 South & East Neighborhoods (service concludes at 2:30 a.m.)
- Route 31 Brody & East Neighborhoods (service concludes at 2:30 a.m.)
- Route 32 Commuter Lot - Snyder Hall - Clinical Center (service concludes at 7:15 p.m.)
- Route 33 North & South Neighborhoods (service concludes at 10:30 p.m.)
- Route 38 Spartan Village (service concludes at 10:45 p.m.)
- Route 39 Unversity Village (service concludes at 2 a.m.)
- MSU Weekday Schedule (Spanish)
Two curb-to-curb services will also operate weekdays. Customers must call 517-432-8888 to request a ride.
Weekend service operates 9 a.m. until 2:30 a.m. Three fixed routes provide service every 30 minutes.
Two curb-to-curb services will also operate weekends. Customers must call 517-432-8888 to request a ride.