CATA has suspended all service on Routes 1–48 due to COVID-19. The service suspension is in effect until further notice. If you require transportation for critically necessary, medical or work-related trips, please call CATA's Emergency Service Hotline 517-999-2549 to reserve a ride.
2019/2020 MSU Campus Service
CATA’s Spartan Service operates during fall and spring semesters. Dedicated free-fare campus routes serve all university apartments, residence halls, commuter lots and main campus facilities throughout the day and evening. Demand-response service (requires the ride be requested) provides late-night and early morning curb-to-curb transportation within the boundaries of the university for comprehensive 24/7 service. Rides provided upon request require a 60-cent fare or bus pass.
- Aug, 26 - Dec. 15, 2019
- Jan. 6 - Mar. 1, 2020 (Spring Break: week of March 2)
- Mar. 9 - May 3, 2020
Additionally, CATA provides year-round service from off-campus apartments in the East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett and Jolly/Dunckel Road areas to MSU.
CATA operates six fixed routes on campus starting at 7 a.m. Monday through Friday with service until 2:30 a.m. unless noted:
- Route 30 South & East Neighborhoods
- Route 31 Brody & East Neighborhoods
- Route 32 Commuter Lot - Snyder Hall - Clinical Center (service concludes at 7 p.m.)
- Route 33 North & South Neighborhoods (service concludes at 10:30 p.m.)
- Route 38 Spartan Village (service concludes at 10:45 p.m.)
- Route 39 University Village
CATA operates three fixed routes on campus from 9 a.m. until 2:30 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays:
- 34 Brody Neighborhood - University Village
- 35 South Neighborhood - Spartan Village
- 36 East Neighborhood