UPDATE: In accordance with the federal mandate, face masks must be worn at all times on all CATA vehicles and in all CATA facilities. Children under the age of 2 are exempt from wearing a mask. Physical distancing of at least 6 feet is also required.
Schedules are subject to change without notice. Given the potential for unplanned adjustments in service related to the pandemic, customers are encouraged to visit cata.org for the most current service information.
2021/2022 MSU Campus Service
CATA’s Spartan Service operates seven days a week during fall and spring semesters. Nine dedicated free-fare campus routes serve university apartments, residence halls, commuter lots and main campus facilities throughout the day and evening, with over 100 bus stops for convenient access.
Lot LInk and Night Owl, demand-response services, operate late at night and early in the morning when campus routes are not in service. A discounted student fare of 60 cents, a regular fare of $1.25 or a bus pass is required to ride these services. To request a ride, call 517-432-8888. A bus will be at your location within 20 minutes of your call. Rides are restricted to campus. Lot Link transports passengers between Lots 80, 83, Commuter Lot 89 or 91 and any MSU campus location. Lot Link also serves Spartan Village Monday-Friday.
- Aug, 30 - Dec. 19, 2021
- Jan. 10 - May 8, 2022 (no Spartan Service during Spring Break)
Additionally, CATA provides year-round service from off-campus apartments in the East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett and Jolly/Dunckel Road areas to MSU.
CATA will operate six fixed routes on campus weekdays 7 a.m. until 2:30 a.m. Ending times vary by route and are noted below. Buses will run as often as every 7-10 minutes during the day and early evening.
- Route 30 South & East Neighborhoods (service concludes at 2:30 a.m.)
- Route 31 Brody & East Neighborhoods (service concludes at 2:30 a.m.)
- Route 32 Commuter Lot - Snyder Hall - Clinical Center (service concludes at 7:15 p.m.)
- Route 33 North & South Neighborhoods (service concludes at 10:30 p.m.)
- Route 38 Spartan Village (service concludes at 10:45 p.m.)
- Route 39 Unversity Village (service concludes at 2 a.m.)
Two curb-to-curb services will also operate weekdays. Customers must call 517-432-8888 to request a ride.
Weekend service operates 9 a.m. until 2:30 a.m. Three fixed routes provide service every 30 minutes.
- Route 34 Brody Neighborhood - University Village
- Route 35 South Neighborhood - Spartan Village (service concludes at 2:10 a.m.)
- Route 36 East Neighborhood
Two curb-to-curb services will also operate weekends. Customers must call 517-432-8888 to request a ride.