Rural Service is a demand-response service that connects residents in Ingham County’s outlying areas with other CATA services. Generally, residents in the southern half of rural Ingham County are transported to the Meijer in Mason to connect with other CATA services while residents in the northern half of the county’s rural area travel on Rural Service to the Meridian Mall in Okemos where they make connections to other services. Some exceptions apply.
Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Call 517-394-CATA (2282)
The CRS phone line is open:
Mon.-Fri. 6:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sat. 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
To Schedule a Ride
- Trips must be scheduled by 5 p.m. the day before your trip.
- Monday trips must be reserved by 5 p.m. Friday.
- Advance reservations will be limited to no more than seven days prior to any desired trip date(s).
To Cancel a Ride (effective May 8, 2017)
- Ride cancellations must be made no later than four (4) hours prior to the scheduled trip.
- Monday trips scheduled before 10:30 a.m. must be cancelled by 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Trips scheduled for the day after a holiday before 10:30 a.m. must be cancelled by 5 p.m. the day prior to the holiday.
- Failure to follow the cancellation procedure will result in penalties in accordance with CATA's no-show rules.
One-way regular fares range from $2.25 to $3.25 based on the length of the trip. Discounted fares range from $1.00 to $1.50 for individuals showing eligible ID cards.
Paratransit No-Show Rules
Audio Schedule for CATA Rural Service (CRS)
Download CRS audio schedule (5.9 MB MP3). Looking for audio schedules for other routes? Access all audio schedules on our Disability Services page.