Rural Service is a demand-response service that connects residents in Ingham County’s outlying areas with other CATA services. Generally, residents in the southern half of rural Ingham County are transported to the Meijer in Mason to connect with other CATA services while residents in the northern half of the county’s rural area travel on Rural Service to the Meridian Mall in Okemos where they make connections to other services. Some exceptions apply.
Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Call 517-394-CATA (2282)
The CRS phone line is open:
Mon.-Fri.: 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sat. & Sun.: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To Schedule a Ride
- Trips must be scheduled by 5 p.m. the day before your trip.
- Advance reservations will be limited to no more than seven days prior to any desired trip date(s).
To Cancel a Ride
- Ride cancellations must be made no later than four hours prior to the scheduled trip.
- Trips scheduled before 10:30 a.m. must be canceled by 5 p.m. the day before.
- Trips scheduled for the day after a holiday before 10:30 a.m. must be canceled by 5 p.m. the day prior to the holiday.
- Failure to follow the cancellation procedure will result in penalties in accordance with CATA's no-show rules.
One-way regular fares range from $2.25 to $3.25 based on the length of the trip. Discounted fares range from $1.00 to $1.50 for individuals showing eligible ID cards.
Paratransit No-Show Rules
Audio Schedule for CATA Rural Service (CRS)
Download CRS audio schedule (5.9 MB MP3). Looking for audio schedules for other routes? Access all audio schedules on our Disability Services page.
Cameras on Board Paratransit Vehicles
In April 2018 CATA contracted with Transdev, an international public transit services company, to assist with transporting CATA’s paratransit customers. With this new partnership comes a new initiative—cameras on board.
For the safety of our drivers, passengers and community, all small buses and minivans operated by Transdev will be equipped with technology that records audio and video of activities occurring inside and/or outside the vehicle. This technology is powered by Lytx in partnership with Transdev and CATA.