When weather conditions prevent CATA from safely traveling certain roads, snow route detours will be implemented on certain routes. Snow route bus stops will only be served when the detour is in effect, which may not remain in effect for the entire service day. As roads are plowed and conditions improve, regular service may resume. Check back regularly before heading out to your bus stop.
Stay updated on this page, by registering for MyCATA rider alerts, or by calling (517) 394-1000.
Snow Safety Tips
- Never climb a snow mound at a bus stop or stand in an intersection or roadway to wait for a bus.
- If snow blocks your bus stop, walk to the nearest safe and cleared driveway or sidewalk.
- Make sure you are visible to your driver from a distance.
- Wave to hail your driver so they see you need a ride.
- Depending on conditions, your driver may need to stop before or past the spot where you are waiting.
Download the CATA snow route detour brochure for more details.