For your safety and comfort, CATA does not permit the following on any CATA vehicle or property, including the CATA Transportation Center (CTC), MSU-CATA Transportation Center (MSU-CTC) and all shelters and bus stops. Rule violations may result in the removal of an individual from CATA vehicles or property. It may also result in an individual being banned from CATA property, loss of riding privileges and possible arrest.
The following is prohibited on any CATA vehicle or on any CATA property:
- Eating, drinking or open beverage containers aboard CATA vehicles
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes (except in designated areas).
- Possession or consumption of alcohol or illegal substances.
- Weapons of any kind (except lawfully carried firearms), or possession of any hazardous material or item.
- Disorderly, loud or disruptive behavior, including, but not limited to:
- obscene, threatening, inciting or insulting language or gestures.
- running, yelling or throwing objects.
- spitting, littering, vandalism or graffiti.
- fighting, mock fighting or roughhousing.
- standing, sitting or walking in a way that inconveniences, obstructs or interferes with others, i.e., blocking doors, feet on seats, etc.
- any action that may interfere with or disrupt the safe operation of CATA vehicles and properties.
- Loitering. At the CTC, passengers must board the first-available bus or leave the premises.
- Use of sound-producing devices without the use of personal headphones.
- Panhandling, soliciting, harassing, annoying or intimidating any person.
- Lack of proper attire, i.e., not wearing shirts and shoes.
- Bicycling, rollerblading or skateboarding; wearing skates on CATA vehicles.
- Animals, except those used for service, i.e., guide dogs or those transported in a suitable crate or container.