Notice of Virtual Meeting
Please take notice that the Board of Directors for Capital Area Transportation Authority will hold a public meeting at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, June 17, 2020, through remote electronic access as provided in this Notice. Proceedings conducted at this meeting are pursuant to the provisions of the Michigan Open Meetings Act and Executive Order 2020-75 issued by Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
- The Board is meeting electronically to address necessary business operations and allow ongoing work. This meeting is being held electronically to comply with Governor’s Executive Orders and Directives and federal and state agency recommendations to cease in-person public assemblies, self-quarantine, and help prohibit the spread of COVID-19. The Board recognizes its continuing responsibility for needed decision-making and will conduct this meeting in a manner that effectuates as fully as possible the purposes of the Open Meetings Act.
- Individuals are encouraged to participate in the meeting electronically, including providing public comment, either through prior e-mail correspondence, online audio-conferencing and telephone comments.
- For those seeking to participate electronically through online video or audio-conferencing, participants can access the electronic meeting through the following link:
Password 577338, or by calling 301-715-8592 or 312-626-6799, Webinar ID 960 3727 0062, Password 577338.
Participants may use any device that supports the video-conferencing app or when prompted after clicking the link, choose to join the meeting through a default browser, if applicable. For those who choose to access through the video-conference app, you may be prompted to download the app to participate. Members of the public may be muted until the time for public comment to allow all participants to hear Board conversation.
- To participate in public comment during the virtual meeting, submit your comment in writing upon entering the meeting to the Moderator via the chat feature. The moderator will read your written comment to the Board at the appropriate time.
- Questions and comments may be submitted prior to the meeting by email to email@example.com. Emails to that address relevant to this meeting will be distributed to the Authority Board.
- Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in the meeting should contact the Michigan Relay Center at 7-1-1 (TDD) at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting to request visual, hearing, technological or other assistance. You can find more information from Michigan Relay Center online at https://hamiltonrelay.com/michigan/index.html.
- If you are unable to access the meeting due to technical difficulties or are unable to conveniently participate in public comment, please contact 517-999-2549. Every effort will be made to help you participate in the meeting.