Notice of Board Meeting
The Capital Area Transportation Authority will be hosting an in-person meeting at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, February 15, at the Lansing Center in the Governor's Room, 333 E. Michigan Ave., Lansing, MI 48933. Public parking is available under the Lansing Center. For free parking, please bring your parking ticket with you to the meeting for a validation sticker.
- Members of the public are encouraged to participate in the meeting. Public comment will be permitted for those who attend in person or for individuals with a qualifying disability who request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CATA will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in writing or through the “Contact the Board” form, available here. To provide time for accommodation, all requests and public comment must be received by 4 p.m. the day of the Board meeting.
- Those seeking to watch the meeting (public comment will not be available) through online video or audio-conferencing, can view the electronic meeting through the following link: TO BE POSTED BY NOON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13.
- Participants may use any device that supports the video-conferencing app or when prompted after clicking the link, choose to join the meeting through a default browser, if applicable. For those who choose to access through the video-conference app, you may be prompted to download the app to participate. Members of the public choosing to watch the meeting electronically will be muted for the entirety of the meeting but will be able to view and hear all Board conversations.
- Written questions and comments to the Board may be submitted here by the Thursday before the Board meeting. Emails that are relevant to this meeting will be distributed to the Authority Board. If your question or comment is received after the Thursday before the Board meeting, your question or comment will be provided to the Board the following month.
- Persons with disabilities needing any further accommodations should contact the Michigan Relay Center at 7-1-1 (TDD) at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting to request visual, hearing, technological or other assistance. You can find more information from Michigan Relay Center online at https://hamiltonrelay.com/michigan/index.html.
Closed captioning is available for all virtual Board meetings and should automatically deploy for all participants. Closed captioning may be negatively impacted by background noises or poor internet connection. To ensure closed captioning quality, participants are advised to speak clearly.
For more details on CATA's Board of Directors and monthly meetings, click here.