New Job Posting: Paratransit Service Representative - Part-Time
Job Summary - Essential Functions
Are you looking for a rewarding career in
the public sector? CATA is searching for enthusiastic and
customer-focused individuals to become Paratransit Service Representatives in
our Call Center.
The Paratransit Service Representative is responsible for assisting customers by efficiently scheduling trips on various CATA paratransit services in a manner that is cost effective, efficient, safe, and provides the highest level of service quality possible. The regular shift assignment and hours are subject to change. The essential functions include the following:
View Job and Apply
- Promptly answer Paratransit office telephones and provide excellent customer service.
- Schedule requests for paratransit service that are the most cost effective, efficient, and safest possible.
- Consult with Paratransit Scheduler to resolve service and scheduling issues.
- Create and maintain customer files, location files, vehicle files and operator manifests
- Create, edit, and discontinue runs when schedules change.
- Process telephone and written requests for information and service.
- Assist in implementing procedures for paratransit services.
- Provide backup and relief for paratransit dispatch.
- Know and provide customers with information on all CATA services and service areas.
- Provide timely, reliable, and effective reports and communications, written and oral.
- Assist the Paratransit Supervisor, as requested.
- Provide backup and relief for other Paratransit and Customer Experience Department personnel.
- Participate as an effective member of the CATA administrative team and perform all duties described.
- High school degree minimum.
- Must have very good data entry, typing, and map reading skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and other current computer applications used at CATA.
- Experience with transit software programs preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively with contractors, customers, and employees.
- Able to communicate effectively, handle details, meet deadlines, and work independently and under general direction.
- Very neat and professional appearance.
- Able to perform essential functions and duties and to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Cooperative, willing to work with and learn from others, and able to respond productively to change.
- Punctual and reliable attendance as necessary to meet ongoing service requirements for public transportation.