Hop aboard CATA on Easter Sunday
Friday, March 17, 2023
In response to overwhelming public interest in holiday service, CATA will introduce a new demand-response, curb-to-curb service, which will launch on a trial basis on Easter, Sunday, April 9, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Advance reservations are required. Rides must be scheduled by calling 517-394-2282. Service features follow:
- Holiday service is open to all members of the public. Service is not restricted to those with qualifying disabilities or ADA certification.
- Limited rides are available. CATA will attempt to accommodate all requests for trips, based on availability.
- All pickup and drop-off locations must be within the existing Spec-Tran service boundary. A map of the service area can be found on CATA’s website at www.cata.org/Easter.
- Ride reservations for Easter Sunday service will begin Sunday, March 26, at 8 a.m. and conclude Saturday, April 8, at 5 p.m. During this scheduling window, ride reservations may be scheduled between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Same-day ride scheduling will not be permitted.
The fare for holiday service is $2.50 for each direction of travel, which can be paid with a Spec-Tran punch pass, tokens or cash. As a security measure, CATA drivers do not carry cash and are unable to give change, so the exact fare amount is required.
For more information, visit www.cata.org/Easter, call a CATA representative at 517-394-2282 or submit questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org