EARTAN's Your Voice Chooses Where We Go Press Event
The Eaton County Transportation Authority (EATRAN) provides public transportation services to Eaton County residents through open-door, curb-to-curb rides within the county; out-of-county medical trips and an express bus to downtown Lansing. Eaton County residents currently pay a 0.25 mill property tax to support EATRAN. Efforts are underway to improve service and regional transportation connections, including communities in Charlotte, Eaton Rapids, Dimondale, Grand Ledge, Olivet, Potterville, Bellevue and Delta Township. The system currently operates from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Press event hosted by EATRAN, in partnership with Delta Charter Township and the Capital Area Transportation Authority. EATRAN will announce the county’s first-ever transit study – EATRAN’s Next Stop – Your Voice Chooses Where We Go.
Eaton County will launch a study to evaluate demand for EATRAN services and to explore how to adapt to the transportation needs of county residents and businesses, including the potential for a more regionally coordinated transit system. The study will identify potential future service options that could meet the county’s diverse mobility needs and develop an action-oriented plan for how to implement preferred solutions.
Monday, June 26, 2023
- 10 a.m. Formal program commences
- 10:35 a.m. Board bus for brief round-trip ride to Marketplace Blvd. for photo opportunity
- 11:10 a.m. Board bus to return to Delta Township Hall
- 11:30 a.m. Alight and depart
Delta Township Hall
Conference Room A
7710 W. Saginaw Highway
Lansing, MI 48917
Delta Charter Township - Google Maps
Park in east lot – reserved
Eaton County deserves a robust, quality transit system that addresses the diverse mobility needs of residents and businesses for jobs, health care, economic development and access to services across the tri-county (Clinton-Eaton-Ingham) region. EATRAN is collecting feedback from transit riders, residents and business owners, employees and patrons to inform planners about their transportation needs.
The speaker lineup follows:
- Angela Witwer, State Representative District 76
- Terrance Augustine, Chairperson, EATRAN Board of Directors; Eaton County Board of Commissioners, District 3
- Kenneth Fletcher, Supervisor, Delta Charter Township
- Jean Ruestman, Administrator, Michigan Department of Transportation, Office of Passenger Transportation
- Bradley T. Funkhouser, Executive Director, Eaton County Transportation Authority; Chief Executive Officer, Capital Area Transportation Authority