CATA Social Media Code of Conduct
Our social media accounts are intended to actively engage the community and keep them informed about the Capital Area Transportation Authority. Please note that our social media pages are monitored weekly. Register here to receive rider alerts via text message or email.
CATA reserves the right to block or ban users as well as remove posts or comments at any time for any of the following reasons:
- Posts that violate any law or regulation
- Calls to violence or threats of any kind
- Posts, comments, photos, or links deemed inappropriate (i.e., obscene, profane, discriminatory, or hateful in nature)
- Misuse of copyrighted materials
- False information about CATA or related services
Our social media channels are not the appropriate spaces to resolve issues or complaints. These concerns are best handled by our customer experience representatives at (517) 394-1000. Our representatives are available weekdays from 7 a.m.–7 p.m. or weekends from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (excluding select holidays).