CATA service changes for Thanksgiving holiday
Lansing, MI — In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, the Capital Area Transportation Authority will implement the following service changes:
Wednesday, Nov. 21 – all late evening MSU campus bus service (Routes 30, 31, 39 & Lot Link) will conclude early at 11:30 p.m. All non-campus CATA routes and services will end at their regular time on Wednesday.
Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22 – CATA services –fixed-route (including Entertainment Express), Spec-Tran, Connector, Redi-Ride, Rural Service and Shopping Bus –will not operate. The Administrative Office will be closed on Thursday; however, the Paratransit Office will take phone reservations between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for Spec-Tran, Redi-Ride and Rural Service rides needed after the holiday. The number to schedule a ride is 517-394-CATA (2282). Spec-Tran rides can also be arranged online at myspectran.org.
Friday, Nov. 23 – the following reductions or changes in service levels will be implemented:
- Route 1-Downtown Lansing/Meridian Mall will not operate the five late night Spartan Service trips. Service will conclude at 11:35 p.m.
- Route 26-Abbot/Chandler will follow the Saturday Spartan Service schedule operating every 40 minutes throughout the day and evening until service concludes at 11:10 p.m. Route 26 Friday late night service to the downtown East Lansing area will not operate.
- Entertainment Express will operate less frequently with service every 30 minutes from 7:30 p.m. until 3 a.m.
- Routes 30, 31, 32, 33, 38, 39 and Night Owl will not operate on the MSU campus.
- Routes 34, 35, 36 and Lot Link weekend service will operate on MSU’s campus starting at 9 a.m.
- All other CATA routes and services will operate their regular Friday schedules.
For more information, contact CATA Customer Service Representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-394-1000.
View the full news advisory.