CATA implements service changes for winter break; holidays
As Michigan State University and Lansing Community College approach the end of their fall semesters, CATA prepares to implement service changes over the winter break and during the upcoming holidays.
Winter Break Service
CATA’s winter break service goes into effect Monday, Dec. 19, 2022, and continues through Sunday, Jan. 8, 2023.
- Route 1 – Downtown Lansing/Meridian Mall
Weekday departures from bus stops along downtowns Lansing’s Capitol Loop will continue to occur up to eight minutes later than usual Monday through Friday evening.
- Route 12 – W. Michigan – Waverly – LCC West
Service on this route will no longer change during breaks. Weekday service to LCC West remains available year-round.
- Route 20 – South Harrison/Jolly/Dunckel
The route will travel into Spartan Village during the break. Buses will travel into the MSU-CTC/Ramp 1 and serve the Shaw and Farm Boarding Center
- Route 22 – MSU/Haslett/Okemos
There is no change in service on this route. Buses will travel into the MSU-CTC/Ramp 1 and serve the Shaw and Farm Boarding Center.
- Route 23 – MSU/Okemos/Haslett
Weekday service between 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. will be reduced to a 35- to 45-minute frequency. There is no change in Saturday service. Buses will travel into the MSU-CTC/Ramp 1 and serve the Shaw and Farm Boarding Center.
- Route 24 – East Lansing/E. Lake Lansing Road
Weekday service will operate on a 30-minute frequency rather than every 35 minutes. There is no change in weekend service.
- Route 25 – North Harrison
Weekday service will operate every 60 minutes rather than every 30 minutes. There is no change in weekend service.
- Route 26 – Abbot/Chandler
Weekday service will operate on a 45-minute frequency rather than every 10-12 minutes and conclude at 7:15 p.m. Saturday service ends at 7:15 p.m. There is no late-night service or change in Sunday service.
- Route 32 – Commuter Lot/Snyder Hall/Clinical Center
Campus service between MSU’s Commuter Lot, Snyder Hall and Clinical Center will operate at a 30-minute frequency, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. until 7:25 p.m.
- Routes 30, 31, 33-36, 38, 39, Lot Link and Night Owl
Services do not operate on MSU’s campus during the break.
Spartan Service will resume Monday, Jan. 9, 2023, with increased service frequencies returning on Routes 20, 23, 25, 26 and all MSU campus services.
Christmas and New Year Holiday Closures
CATA will end service early on Christmas Eve, Saturday, Dec. 24, and New Year’s Eve, Saturday, Dec. 31. Services will conclude as follows on these days:
- All Connector and Redi-Ride services will conclude at their regularly scheduled times.
- Routes 6, 13, 46 and 48 will conclude at their regularly scheduled times.
- All other fixed routes will generally conclude between 6 p.m. and 6:45 p.m., depending on the route. Visit cata.org/schedules for route-specific details.
- Spec-Tran service will end early with pickups scheduled no later than 6:15 p.m.
In observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, CATA will not operate on Dec. 25 or Jan. 1. The Spec-Tran office will remain open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., to assist with post-holiday ride reservations. No same-day trips will be permitted. Call 517-394-CATA (2282) or login to myspectran.cata.org or the MyRideCATA app to book a ride.
For more information, contact a CATA Customer Experience Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-394-1000.