CATA announces service reductions over MSU and LCC spring breaks
Monday, February 27, 2023
The Capital Area Transportation Authority is preparing to implement several service changes as Michigan State University and Lansing Community College pause for spring break. The changes will be in effect Monday, March 6, through Sunday, March 12, 2023.
During the week of spring break, Spartan Service routes operating on MSU’s campus will change as follows:
- Route 32 Commuter Lot/Snyder Hall/Clinical Center: The fare-free route will operate weekdays from 7 a.m. until 7:25 p.m. at a reduced frequency during the break. Buses will depart the MSU-CATA Transportation Center at Ramp 1 every 30 minutes, rather than every 15 minutes.
- Weekday MSU Campus Service: The following routes will end service for spring break as follows:
- Route 33 – at 10:30 p.m. Friday, March 3
- Route 38 – at 10:45 p.m. Friday, March 3
- Routes 30, 31 and 39 – by 2:30 a.m. Saturday, March 4
- Weekend MSU Campus Service: Routes 34, 35, 36 and Lot Link will operate through 2 a.m. Monday, March 6.
- Night Owl: Curb-to-curb campus service will operate as usual until 9 a.m. Sunday, March 5.
Modifications in service will also be implemented across the following routes during the break. Refer to the Transit app or visit cata.org to access CATA’s trip planner or individual schedule pages.
- Route 1 – Downtown Lansing/Meridian Mall: Departures from bus stops along downtown Lansing’s Capitol Loop will continue to occur up to eight minutes later than usual Monday through Friday evening.
- Route 20 – South Harrison/Jolly/Dunckel: Route 20 will travel into Spartan Village and the MSU/CTC at Ramp 1 while continuing to serve the adjacent Shaw and Farm boarding area.
- Route 22 – MSU/Haslett/Okemos: Buses will travel into the MSU/CTC at Ramp 1 while continuing to serve the Shaw and Farm boarding area.
- Route 23 – MSU/Okemos/Haslett: Monday through Friday, between 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., buses will run less often – every 35-45 minutes rather than every 25 minutes. Buses will travel into the MSU/CTC at Ramp 1 while continuing to serve the Shaw and Farm boarding area.
- Route 24 – East Lansing/E. Lake Lansing Road: Weekday service will operate every 30 minutes rather than every 35 minutes most of the day during MSU’s break. Saturday and Sunday service will continue every 60 minutes. The route will travel to Ramp 5 on Red Cedar as usual.
- Route 25 – North Harrison: Weekday buses will operate every 60 minutes during the day and early evening rather than every 30 minutes. Weekend service will operate as usual. The route will continue to travel to Ramp 5 on Red Cedar.
- Route 26 – Abbot/Chandler: Weekday buses will operate every 45 minutes rather than every 10-20 minutes and conclude at 7:15 p.m. at the MSU-CTC/Ramp 1. Saturday service will end at 7:15 p.m. at the MSU-CTC/Ramp 1. Sunday service will operate as usual.
Lot Link will begin providing campus service at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 12, and operate until 2 a.m. Monday morning when Night Owl service resumes. Spartan Service, provided on Routes 20, 23, 24, 25, 26 and Routes 30, 31, 32, 33, 38 and 39, resumes at the start of service Monday, March 13.
For more information, please contact a CATA Customer Experience Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 394-1000.