Fall service changes will be implemented beginning August 27, 2018. Below are the route-by-route details.
- Sunday service frequency will be increased by one minute. Buses will run every 15 minutes all day year-round.
- Saturday and Sunday trips will be doubled as the frequency of buses increases from every 60 minutes to every 30 minutes.
- Monday-Friday the first two trips will depart five minutes earlier.
- Monday-Friday the first three trips will depart 10 minutes earlier.
Route 7 (New Name: Aurelius/Miller)
- The route will be extended south on Aurelius Rd. to Miller Rd. and west to S. Pennsylvania Meijer.
- Added trips will increase the frequency of buses from every 60 minutes to every 45 minutes.
- Buses will travel Lenawee St. to Capitol Ave. when departing the CTC.
- View the new routing.
- Monday-Friday some morning and early afternoon trips will be adjusted by up to two minutes.
- The third trip will start at the CTC rather than the S. Pennsylvania Meijer.
- Monday-Friday the 3:33 p.m. inbound (southbound) trip has been eliminated. A new trip departing Peckham Greenhouse at 3:35 p.m. for the airport has been added.
- Monday-Sunday the number of trips will be doubled as the frequency increases from every 60 minutes to every 30 minutes.
Route 17 (New route: Grab & Go Express)
- This route will travel the downtown loop with service along Washington Square and to Old Town
- Monday-Friday service will run 10 a.m. until 2:45 p.m. with departures every 15 minutes.
- New bus stops will be added along Washington Square
- This service will be fare-free
- Buses will travel into the Multimodal Gateway on Harrison Rd. year-round.
- Buses will travel on Collins Rd. rather than Technology Blvd. and in only one direction on Trappers Cove Trail and Beau Jardin Dr.
- Departure times during breaks and holidays will be adjusted by up to five minutes.
- View the new routing.
MSU CAMPUS — Free Fares on Routes 30-39
- (Detour running Aug. 27-Nov. 2018 (east portion only): The route will start the year on detour due to construction on the portion of Wilson Rd that runs in front of Conrad and Fee halls. Buses will travel to the East Neighborhood in the same manner as Route 31 (via Wilson Rd.). The detour is expected to run into November.
- New routing starting Nov. 2018 (east portion only): When construction concludes, new routing will be in effect. From the MSU-CTC, buses will travel east on Shaw Ln. with a new stop in front of Akers Hall, to Hagadorn Rd., south on Hagadorn Rd. to a new shelter adjacent to Hubbard Hall, then back on to the newly constructed Wilson Rd. with a new stop at Fee Hall and on to the East Neighborhood Boarding Center.
Route 32 (Year-Round Service)
- New name: Commuter Lot/Clinical Center/Auditorium as buses will serve the MSU Auditorium.
- Monday-Friday, buses will run every 10 minutes from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. during fall and spring semesters.
- On breaks and holidays, buses will operate every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- The Clinical Center and Auditorium will be served on all trips departing the MSU-CTC.
Route 38 (New route: Spartan Village)
- This route will serve Spartan Village Monday-Friday from 7a.m. until 10 p.m. with departures every 20 minutes.
- Buses will start at Shaw and Farm lanes and travel west on Shaw to Harrison Rd., south into Spartan Village, back around to Harrison, to Trowbridge, Ramp 5 and back to Shaw and Farm.
Route 39 (New name: University Village)
- The route will no longer travel on Harrison Rd. or to Spartan Village (Route 38 will serve Spartan Village).
- Buses will run between University Village and the Shaw and Farm boarding area every 10 minutes from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. then every 20 minutes until 2 a.m.
- Lot 80 (the parking lot at the Multimodal Gateway) will be added to the list of parking lots served.
- Connections to Route 7 at the S. Pennsylvania Meijer will now be possible.
- Extended routing will be added north of Grand River Ave. on Putnam and Church streets to the new library located in the Williamston Middle School.
- There will be significant changes in departure times — every 90 minutes during the week and every 85 minutes on Saturdays.
- Service will run 25-35 minutes later in the evening.
Meridian Redi-Ride (Pending CATA Board of Directors approval on Aug. 15, 2018)
- Weekday service will be extended three hours each day to start at 7:30 a.m. and run until 6:30 p.m. while Saturday service continues to operate 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- One-way cash fares will increase from $1.25 to $2.50 for regular fare and from 60 cents to $1.25 for discounted fare. Adults under 62 years of age who do not qualify for a discount, as well as all students, will be required to pay the $2.50 regular fare. Medicare card holders, seniors age 62-plus years and persons with disabilities qualify for the $1.25 discounted fare.
Spartan Service resumes Monday, Aug. 27, 2018, with the following:
- Routes 1, 20, 23, 25, 26 and Entertainment Express additional trips provided
- Route 24 — weekday frequency changes to every 35 minutes until approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Routes 30-39 — return to campus with free fares
- Lot Link and Night Owl return to campus with discounted rate of 60-cents per ride
- Route 12 — resumes service to LCC West with changes in frequency
The day after Thanksgiving (Friday, Nov. 23, 2018) Service levels will be reduced on:
- Route 1 — no late night Spartan Service trips
- Route 4 — no Spartan Service trips as one trolley runs every 30 minutes
- Route 26 — follows the Saturday Spartan Service 40-minute frequency schedule
- Route 26 Late Night — no Late Night service
- MSU campus — will be served by Routes 34, 35, 36 and Lot Link
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, Jan. 21, 2019) — There will be no change in service on any route.