Beginning April 16, street reconstruction work begins which requires Route 2 buses to be detoured. This project will continue into November.
Route 2 buses traveling from downtown Lansing will travel:
- Southbound on Capitol to Malcolm X.
- Left (east) on Malcolm X to Cedar Street.
- Left (south) on Cedar Street to Mt. Hope Avenue.
- Right (west) on Mt. Hope to Washington Avenue.
- Left (south) on Washington and resume route.
Route 2 buses traveling toward downtown Lansing will travel:
- Northbound on Washington to Mt. Hope.
- Right (east) on Mt. Hope to Cedar Street.
- Left (north) on Cedar to westbound 496 access.
- Westbound on 496 access/St. Joseph to Washington Street.
- Right (north) on Washington and resume route.
Route 2 buses will serve all bus stops on Cedar Street between 496 and Mt. Hope.