- Buy online through secure CATA website.
- At the CATA Transportation Center (downtown Lansing).
- At the CATA Administrative Office (in south Lansing).
- At various locations throughout the area. View list of pass vendor locations.
CATA offers a variety of bus pass options for your convenience:
Good for 10 one-way trips on all CATA fixed-routes in Zone 1. When used in Zone 2, additional payment is required to complete your fare. Riding with friends or family? This card can be used to pay for multiple fares.
- Adult: $10.00
- Student*: $6.00
- Value**: $6.00
Unlimited rides on all CATA fixed-routes for 31 consecutive days, from the first day you use it, no matter when you buy it. When used in Zone 2, additional payment is required to complete your fare.
- Adult: $35.00
- Student*: $18.00
- Value**: $18.00
Student Semester Passes
Unlimited rides on all fixed-route buses during a semester. Applies to students only. When used in Zone 2, additional payment is required to complete your fare
MSU Commuter Lot Passes
Good only on Route 32 weekdays 7AM - 2AM for service between MSU Commuter Lot and central campus during the fall and spring semesters.
- One Semester: $20.00
- Both Semesters: $33.00
5-Ride Zone 2 Cards
Good for 5 one-way fixed-route trips in Zone 2. This card may also be used on any fixed-route in Zone 1. A CATA Cash Card credit will be issued when used for payment in Zone 1.
- Regular: $12.50
- Discount**: $6.25
Punch passes of varying amounts are available for Spec-Tran, Rural Service, Connector Service, and Redi-Ride.
- Spec-Tran 4-Rides: $10.00
- Spec-Tran 10-Rides: $25.00
- Rural Service/Connector (10 one-way trips): Regular up to 10 miles: $22.50
- Rural Service/Connector (10 one-way trips): Regular over 10 miles: $32.50
- Rural Service/Connector (10 one-way trips): Discount up to 10 miles**: $10.00
- Rural Service/Connector (10 one-way trips): Discount over 10 miles**: $15.00
- Redi-Ride Regular: $10.00
- Redi-Ride Discount**: $6.00
* With valid Student ID
** Value passes apply to Medicare cardholders, seniors age 62 and older with valid CATAClub card, and persons with disabilities with valid CATAClub or ADA card. Discount passes apply to all the above and to students with valid college or CATA Student ID card.
All passes are subject to service terms and are revocable by CATA. They are non-transferable and non-refundable. CATA is not responsible for lost or stolen passes.