CATA Summer Bus Service Changes
Lansing, MI—CATA’s Spartan Service—the additional bus service in effect during MSU fall and spring semesters—concludes for the summer beginning Sunday evening, May 6, 2012. As a result, all MSU campus service provided on Routes 30-36, 39, Lot Link and the Night Owl ends for the break. Additionally, reduced service levels go into effect on Routes 1, 25, 26 and Entertainment Express through August 26, 2012.
The summer changes/reductions in bus service are outlined below:Route 1 Downtown Lansing - Meridian Mall
- (Updated 5/8/12) Route 1 will not operate Friday or Saturday Late Night service after 11:15PM. The last bus departs Meridian Mall at 10:55PM en route to the CATA Transportation Center (CTC). Monday through Friday, between 9:25AM and 2PM, buses depart the CTC every 15 minutes (rather than every 10 minutes). Saturdays, between noon and 5 pm, buses depart the CTC every 15 minutes (rather than every 10 minutes). Sunday service is not impacted.
- During the summer, Routes 20, 22, and 23 will travel into the MSU-CATA Transportation Center across from Shaw Hall to give customers convenient access to the facility’s amenities. The routes will continue to serve the Shaw and Farm Boarding Area at the corner of Shaw Lane and Farm Lane.Route 25 North Harrison
- Weekday buses will operate every 60 minutes during the day rather than every 30 minutes. Evening and weekend service remains the same. Route 25 will continue to travel to MSU’s Ramp 5 on Red Cedar along with Route 24 East Lansing - East Lake Lansing Road
.Route 26 Abbot - Chandler
- Weekday buses will operate every 45 minutes (rather than every 6-15 minutes). Service will conclude at 7:20PM at the MSU-CATA Transportation Center. There will be no Thursday, Friday or Saturday late night service to downtown East Lansing. Saturday service will end at 7:15PM at the MSU-CATA Transportation Center. Sunday service is not impacted.Entertainment Express
- One trolley will travel the corridor every 30 minutes from 7:30PM until 2:30AM on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
MSU Routes 30
, Lot Link
and Night Owl
- Service does not operate on campus during the summer.
Spartan Service resumes on Monday, August 27, 2012 with service returning to MSU’s campus and added service on Routes 1
, and the Entertainment Express
For more information, please contact a CATA Customer Service Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 394-1000.